1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Line 6 Echo Park, the buzzing is driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by autodidact, Feb 12, 2013.

1. autodidact

autodidact

I have a Line 6 Echo Park that I pretty much love. Its crazy versatile and just plain sounds good, does everything I want. The only problem is the buzz. Ideally I'd like to run my chain: bass -> Joyo OCD -> Boss ODB-3 -> Echo Park -> Zoom B3 -> amp but if I put the Line 6 before the B3 it buzzes enough to really bother me. Placed after the B3 its dead quiet but then I can't use it when using the looper on the B3. The Zoom has a noise gate built in but its mediocre at best and really chokes the signal.

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks.
  2. MADChuudoku

MADChuudoku

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roland/Boss, Darkglass Electronics, Fuzzrocious
    yeah i get the same thing, you need to use an isolated power supply, or an adaptor that isolates one of the ends of a daisy chain.

or just run it with its own dedicated power supply.
  3. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Mad is correct. Line6 used poor power filtering in the ToneCore line. When notifed of this problem (and how to fix it) they really didn't seem to care.

You have to run it on it's own power supply.

Line6 knows how to properly filter power because the DL4, etc do not have this problem. Nither do their wirelesses.
  4. autodidact

autodidact

And idea where I can find such a magical adapter?