1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Line 6 G50 transmitters plastic input socket

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fuzzbass666, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Fuzzbass666

Fuzzbass666

Trying to get some info on the Line 6 G50 transmitter - early ones had some plastic parts on the input socket that reportedly had a tendency to fall apart. Can anyone clue me in as to which part it was (the nut? The socket?) and what to look out for if buying 2nd hand?

If anyone knows when / if Line 6 started to make these with a stronger socket that would be helpful. Also if any one's got a pic with the Line 6 installed metal socket that would be even better.

Many thanks

2. bcplemons

bcplemons Supporting Member

I bought one about 3-4 yrs ago and it has a metal nut and appears to be a plastic socket. It's probably seen 40-50 gigs and who knows how many rehearsals since its purchase and never given me any trouble *knock on wood*. I did purchase a new cable for it courtesy of guitar-cable.com as soon as I bought it; one of these. My only gripe is that it seems to do a wonky job of telling how much battery is left the longer you use the batteries. Great little unit, though. I highly recommend one.