Line 6 Relay G30

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GRAHAM SG1, Feb 2, 2013.

1. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

I used the above for the first time last night, it was superb, I had the old type wireless before with the antennas etc wth a big bulky reciever unit, this new set up is so small and neat it makes playing and set up a pleasure, true plug and play .
    The sound was perfect, I have seen comments about the quality of the battery lid and belt clip, the battery lid could be a potential breakage as the spring at the battery terminals does cause the bateries to push the lid up aganst the catch so caution is recommended, I take the batteries out when not in use to reduce the effect of this, the belt clip is not an issue as I put mine in my back pocket, to be honest, I would have to be pretty ham fisted to break this beauty, use a bit of care and no problem .
    I highly recommend this system, it is not cheap but it is very good .

2. chphotography

chphotography

I have the same wireless system.
    Only one downside...the clip at the back is junk
    Mine is already broken. It's in a beltpack now.
    The signal quality is superb ;-)

3. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

The clip at the back, or more accurately the clip mounting points, are the weakness.

The clip is supposed to be able to be removed and replaced at 90 degrees to it's original orientation - don't try it!! To enable this, one (or it may be both, I can't remember) of the mountings is only moulded on 1/4 of the plastic - a very small area so is very weak if put under any kind of pressure such as removing the clip.

My advice is to leave the clip where it was when you got it and it will probably be fine. I got a neoprene case for mine which attaches to my strap so the clip isn't needed.

So long as you're careful to remove the pressure on the battery door clip when opening and closing, it should last. If you start to force it, e.g by trying to release the clip without pressing down a little first, then it may break.

A fantastic system and I've been more than happy with mine. You said "not cheap" - I think for the job it does and how well it does it it's extremely cheap!

4. Chaz1313

Chaz1313

Love this wireless unit! Been using it for about a year, I took the clip off and used black electrical tape to tape it to my strap.it's not going anywhere.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

I paid £229 for mine, having said not cheap, I paid out over£200 for my previous system many years ago so on reflection it is good value :)
    The back trouser pocket prevents any truble with the belt clip ;)

7. hachi kid

hachi kid

these "strap packs" you guys speak of.....any links to where you got them?...

8. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Supporting The Gold

I too used mine on a gig for the first time this past Fri. Though I can't compare to other wireless systems (for this is my first), having no cable to trip up is great.

9. chphotography

chphotography

10. DaveyM69

DaveyM69