1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Line 6 Relay G50 help

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Maya403, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Maya403

Maya403

What are the best batteries to ise with the Relay G50. I want batteries that have the longest lasting time. Any brand names??
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

lots of folks just use rechargeables. many reference eneloops.

i've had decent luck with the powergenix NiZn AAs, they actually stay above 1.5V for their entire duty cycle (which for me could be two gigs with the G50, though i go with fresh ones each gig just because).

i mounted them to a pedaltrain nano with my G50 receiver, so i'd always have charging up batteries ready to go.

one caveat: do not leave the batteries in the charger when it's not charging, or they will die an early death.

[​IMG]
  3. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

We use Eneloop's in our Line 6 and other wireless units. The G50 came here a while back when the FCC made my Sennheiser "illegal". I've not run a "how long" test but our guitarist/keyboardist probably has.
    I have accidentally run a set about a show and a half(about 5~6 hours actual playing time) and the receiver warning lights(RED Led's on battery strength) let me know so I did a battery swap between songs. Normally I use a fresh set for a show and leave them in to practice on(wireless at home....it's on my pedalboard).
  4. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Try some of these http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Lit...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361426155&sr=1-2

I've only used two so far, but I've used them 4 times ~ 4 hours each time (turned off during breaks), plus some at home use, and the display has not dropped from full.

Edit on the display: I've done some reading both on the battery display and on the long-life lithium batteries. Possibly common knowledge, but the battery display is based on operation with alkaline batteries and won't be accurate with other types. As for the batteries, they run at full and discharge differently than alkaline batteries. Interestingly in low draw devices, lithiums won't necessarily last longer and the higher the draw, the better the advantage. But it looks like as far as the display goes, I may get no warning of the drop. Whatever happens, they've already lasted to my satisfaction of their money's worth. I'm okay with putting $2.70 in fresh at gigs and then using them for rehearsal of whatever.
  5. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

A quick follow-up/FYI on the link I posted: I bought these batteries at Radio Shack a while ago for a camera that was just brutal on batteries.

The link I posted was kind of random and it occurred to me that price is less than half of the retail price ($12.99 for a 4-pack) and even less per battery than the various 20 and 24 packs on Amazon. I went ahead and ordered a few 4 packs.
  6. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I've been using a set of Duracell Rechargeable (2450mAh) for a couple months now. I have 2 wireless units, one for my in-ears (Alien Ears brand) and one for my bass (Line 6 G30 receiver with a G50 transmitter). Each one takes 2 AA batteries. I have 8 of the Duracells, so I use one set of 4 one night, then the other set the next, etc. The batteries from the previous night always charge during the show, then again before the next. They're always ready, and I've had zero problems with them. Like someone else said, the battery life indicator on both stay at full power all night. I do make sure to turn both units off when not in use.