Line 6 ux1 low input signal with bass

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by solitario, Jan 28, 2014.

1. solitario

solitario

Hello, I have a line 6 ux1. Playing with my Gibson thunderbird the input signal is too low about 1/3 os the total.

If I'm not wrong the right way for recording is with a high input signal before it clips.

Anyway. There's no in gain knob or anything so I don't know if that amount of signal (around 1/3) is normal or not.

Ux1 users, do you have the same problem? How can a I get a better/louder input signal without buying an external preamp?

Thank you
  2. Hellbastard

Hellbastard

This is true for Analog recordings, in the Digital World it is no longer necessary. In fact, it is a good idea to leave a bit of headroom for whatever post processing you want to do.

A good recording level in the Digital world is setting the level to somewhere around -18dBFS.

That been said, it seems like the UX1 does not have a gain control for the instrument input. If you 're getting a signal that is too low, then I would suggest getting a Boost Pedal of some sort to increase the level of your Bass' output.
  3. solitario

solitario

Thank you!