Line6 DL4 as looping delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Roscoe East, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Wondering about people's experiences with the Line6 DL4 specifically when used for playing/recording loops in a live setting.

Over the years I've done a lot of work with looping delays, including both the original and reissue Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delays (I still own one of each), Lexicon PCM-42MEO, and the Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro.

I want to add at least one more looping pedal to my rig, and I've been eyeballing both the Strymon Timeline and the Pigtronix Infinity Looper lately, trying not to get drool on the keyboard.

...but it occurred to me, for the price of either of those units I could get two Line6 DL4s!

I just re-read the DL4 review on the Looper's Delight webpage, and it certainly passed their criteria for being a valid tool in the looper's arsenal.

So, ignoring all the other cool stuff that any of these delay pedals do, just considering the looping functions, how does the DL4 compare to these more modern pedals, and/or how have you found the DL4 to work for your looping needs?

Thanks.

2. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Google minus the bear.
    People are doing this setup/idea and doing it well.
    It works well as long as the drums/beat and loop are in time. It's the simplest looper I've ever played.

3. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

great looper, w/ cool features. used one for a long time.