Line6 M5 as a volume "shifter"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DJ.D., Nov 3, 2012.

1. DJ.D.

DJ.D.

Hi

I haven't tried one yet and can't find any answer for my question. I know that the Line6 M5 coupled with a exp pedal can act as a volume pedal, but can you decide your own minimum level volume for heal down position on the exp pedal? So you can sweep not from 0 to max but from for example half the volume to max volume.
  2. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

yes you can. The M5 will let you set almost all parameters at heel, then at toe. There is a volume preset that will do exactly what you say, you can set it to be any value in-between.

Also think Eq shifter!!
  3. DJ.D.

DJ.D.

Thanks! Sounds like the kind of box I'm gonna get then :) Any other suggestions of an similar product or that does the thing I ask about here?
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Any multi on the market can do this. If it's the only function you need, you may as well buy a volume pedal, most allow this use as well.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DJ.D.

DJ.D.

Ok. I've been searching for a suitable volume pedal, but they either have a very large footprint, are expensive, or are told to suck tone... I prefer it done digitally and would find the space for the gear if it gave me some extra features as wah and reverbs. I did this before with a Multiwave Bass Dist. Pro but I really couldn't connect with the distortions so it's now for sale and is replaced by a Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz. But as I have some pedals already on my board that I'm really happy with I don't want a full multieffects board as it would take up too much space. The M5 seems small enough to share space with other pedals. But I have also got the picture that the M5 is getting a bit outdated and maybe soon to be replaced by a new series by Line6... True? Any reason to look elsewhere or wait for an upgraded version?
  7. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

M5 is killer. It does some many cool things. I control mine with midi for presets and a Hot Hand 3 working expression pedal duty.

As for MWBD, I think most bass players would like the Classic Pro Distortion better. I have both and I find the noise gate/eq/blend/distortion on the Classic Pro let me dial in all the dirt I need. It's just not as popular here as the MWBD Pro and I think people are missing out. Oh well.
  8. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    Does the Classic Pro have the same filtering curl at the end off the attack that the BMWP has, or is it a more traditional dirt sound?

Sorry for veering way off topic.
  9. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Tradition Dirt and many flavors, but there is an fx Octave Fuzz that works very nicely with BEF pro.