Links to Photobucket, Flickr albums

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by JdoubleH, Nov 13, 2012.

1. JdoubleH

JdoubleH Scented meat Supporting Member

As a mobile user of Talkbass, I'd just like to state just how much I dislike when classified postings merely link to a Photobucket or Flicker album rather than using the html code to embed pictures. It just involves so much more effort, time and suck to have to load the whole page in a browser. Its even worse when (all too frequently) the OP fails to set the permissions on the album so that others can see it. You're trying to sell something, right?

Not embedding a few pictures strikes me as kind of lazy. Sure html or bbcode can look daunting, but copying and pasting provided links or code shouldn't be a foreign concept to anyone hoping to sell something on the internet. If it is or you are having trouble, ask for help. Nearly all photo hosting services offer embed codes for sharing pictures elsewhere.

Speaking of hosting services, anyone want to chime in with their favorite OTHER than Photobucket or Flickr? Those two were leading the pack at one point, but I fear both have pretty much missed the boat for the modern internet (AKA mobile).

I personally find Imgur much easier for just this sort of thing mobile OR desktop- and it is FREE and you don't even have to sign up. Just drag & drop, upload, copy code, paste and you're done. And it is very mobile friendly with a good open API which means there's a number of good apps for it.

2. Oneirogenic

Oneirogenic

Is Google's photo service (picasa?) any good for mobile or embedding? That's the site I used last time I posted an add and didn't think to check on my phone if it was easy to look at

3. murphy

murphy

I agree with the OP

4. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

I usually don't bother following those links.

The people who do that are usually also not able to make useful pictures in the first place, or the pictures aren't of the bass (some album with other stuff), the link is entirely broken or you have to wade through many pictures of the outside of a closed case first.

Unfortunately they also don't read threads like this.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

I also think it seems lazy when someone doesn't imbed images. I rarely look at them if its just a link.