Listen to my album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by thesluth, Oct 24, 2013.

1. thesluth

thesluth

Hey fellow TBers, my band recently recorded our album at Sugarhill in Houston! Our name is Mile 26 and we're a local band. You can listen at our website mile26band.com or on our facebook page (link on the website). Let me know what yall think about the bass, the recording or music in general!

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Yours sounds like a fun band. You've got pretty good indie rock going.

"Coming From A Friend"; I thought the guitars were just a little over-balanced. I couldn't hear the lyrics, or even the drums, as well as I wanted to.

"Revelations"; This was an open and airy song that I enjoyed. You played some really good bass lines in this one. The changes were nice but it seems the melody line didn't really flow along with the chords.

"More"; This song has an early Black Sabbath vibe to it. This one really clicked for me. This was my favorite.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. thesluth

thesluth

BassCliff thank you so much for your input i shared it with the band!
    In Revelations which melody didn't flow? do you mean the bass? or the solo guitar?
    Thanks again and spread the word!

4. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

In "Revelations" it seems the vocal melody didn't flow with the chord changes. Some of the notes that were sung just did not "fit" for me in my ear. Maybe that's the effect you were going for but some of the note choices in the vocal just didn't land right, seemed to clash, were a little too dissonant in the chord structure. I thought everything else in the tune worked. I just think the vocal melody could be tweaked a little.

You should note that I'm old. I got a lot of classical and jazz music training in college. I don't consider myself a monster player or accomplished music critic. I'm just letting you know what I hear, what sounds good to me, and what doesn't. So don't place too much emphasis on my opinion. I grew up playing Beatles and Creedence. :p

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

5. Register to disable this ad