1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Listen to my taping technique

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Roma1990, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Roma1990

Roma1990 Banned

Hey guys Im new here and I want to show you how I playing bass and get your feedbacks

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I am guessing you want info on your tapping, but your taping could be a little more clear.

As far as the tapping, do you use something to mute the strings at the nut like a hair tie or something? It sounds like you are getting noise from the nut side. It also sounds like you could use a metronome.

Other than, pretty solid playing, the solo was well thought out as well in my opinion.

3. Roma1990

Roma1990 Banned

thanks...hair tie can help me sounds more clear?

4. El-Bob

El-Bob

I also think the solo is quite good, it's just a matter of tightening up the playing. There seems to be a lot of excess noise, as mentioned above, so you could work on that. You might benefit from a better bass as well, if you can swing it. Or perhaps just a better set up on your current one, if you find the action kinda high.

5. Register to disable this ad