Little Bastard on sale

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by vgbob, Feb 4, 2013.

1. vgbob

vgbob

For anyone that has been looking for a low powered
    tube bass amp, the Little Bastard is the Stupid deal
    on MF today (2/4).
  2. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

Nice...only $399
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
  4. charliefreak

charliefreak

Only 51 left!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Get one. They are great and I love mine!
  7. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

Am I wrong for thinking of picking a few of these up and selling on eBay for $500-600?
  8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Nope. However, you should know that if they don't sell and you want to return them to Musician's Friend, the cost of the initial "free" shipping will be deducted from your refund. Not sure what that would be on a Little Bastard, but it's $6 on small/light stuff...

And with eBay fees of something like 10% of the final cost of the item and shipping and the 3% that Paypal gets, you wouldn't make much money selling them for $500.
  9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

How can you tell that?
  10. Lugnut111

Lugnut111

I grabbed one. Seems like to good of a deal to pass up. I hesitated at first because I've never played through one. None of the music stores around me had any. So, I'm going by Ashdown's rep and from what I've read & heard from owners. Mr. FedEx can't get here soon enough!
  11. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    I just bought one. :hyper:

I've been wanting a small bass amp for the home (rehearsal) & small gigs. I have an Ashdown Perfect Ten Mini Rig (60 watt solid state head & two 1x10 cabinets). I bought it new & really was pleased with the sound as well as the look. I used it exclusively as a "living room" amp; something that looked nice & was there to plug in to practice/jam when I wanted to. It was loud enough to do a small coffee shop type gig.

After a couple years. I was playing it & it just went "Pop" & died. I replace the blown fuse a couple of times & it blew them immediately. I ended up getting a local amp tech to repair it (about $100) and it worked fine again for about six months; then it blew again. I liked it enough to try & find a replacement head (I actually have two sets of the cabinets), but no luck.

Though Ashdown no longer offered this particular amp anymore, I saw that they did offer a 100 watt version with a 2x10 cabinet... Perfect (so I thought...)! I purchased one through Musician's Friend and when it arrived, I was unimpressed with how quiet it was. The old 60 watt head was far louder. I ended up returning the rig (not sure if there was an issue with that amp, but I didn't want to try another one).

I've been wanting another head to go on the cabinets that I have. I've been looking at the Ashdown MiBass-220 as well as other micro heads; I almost pulled the trigger on buying the MiBass head last night... The little Bastard is the right dimensions for my cabinets & if for some reason the speakers don't hold up (or won't work due to impedance issues), I have a couple of new 10" bass speakers to replace them with.

I had a really nice Ampeg 100 watt tube head a couple of years ago (I sold it here on TB) that I really liked, but it was too big & heavy to tote around to small gigs & wasn't loud enough for bigger gigs... It was a killer studio amp. I loved the tone.

I'm hoping that the Little Bastard will be the best of both worlds.

Moonshine :bassist:
  12. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
    Can it do 4 ohms ?
  13. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Supporting Member

Min of 4 ohms per the Ashdown site.
  14. primussucks9126

primussucks9126

Just ordered one. SO EXCITED!
  15. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
    Wonder how it compares to, say, the B15N ? Obviously not a led sled at 11 lbs.
  16. Warwick Qc418

Warwick Qc418 Supporting Member

Ordered, even with the 100$ shipping to Canada it's a good deal, thanks for the tip. I was looking for a studio amp, was looking for a ampeg combo, never thought I'd get an all tube for about the same price :)
  17. clokwise

clokwise

Saw this link below this morning. Its an Ashdown Little Bastard 30w Tube head for $400. Does anyone have any experience with these heads? Is it worth $400? I don't really need a new bass head but all tube for $400 is tempting!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?src=3TP3B4C

Sorry I deserve a smite! I Realized after i posted there was already a posting for this. Sorry!!!!!!
  18. Lugnut111

Lugnut111

Hey Rob, what types of cabs are you running your Little Bastard through?
  19. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

i think if you know you won't need more volume it's definitely worth it, also i bet it kicks buttocks for guitar
  20. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

owned one for a little over a year. i really dug everything about it minus carrying it. its definately light as far as tube amps go but it was just awkward....kind of hard to explain.
  21. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Yup. Great amp for practice/small gigs for the $$$.