Little mixer help y'all

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by dogclown, Mar 25, 2014.

1. dogclown

dogclown

I came into a nice 1000 watt powered loud speaker we are using for small venues. (House parties, and small bars). Here's where I need help.

We have no idea what kind of mixer we need. Assuming unpowered? We only have 3 people in the band(2 vocal mics, a few drum mics, guitar and bass obviously.) Any one got any wise words we are absolute NOOBS in the live show. We've played one, and let's just say sound was mediocre at best.
  2. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

something like a Peavey PV-14, Soundcraft, Yamaha...They all make a small 8-16 channel unpowered mixers
  3. lakefx

lakefx Supporting Member

With a single speaker, you probably don't want to run much more than vocals through it unless you got something really special.
  4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    I like the mid range of yamaha. The MG series with effects. They are clean and seem well built. The EQ"s with sweepable mids can help a bunch. Buy more channels than you currently need... Stuff that plugs into mixers seems to breed like rabbits... Pretty decent value as I see it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. morgansterne

morgansterne

I have an allen and heath zed that I love. This is the bare minimum of channels for you but it's a great deal for somebody. (not my auction by the way, just an example)
    allen and heatyh zed14

you didn't mention monitors, you should have at least one for the folks who are singing.

edit: I think I'd agree to only put vocals through the PA the first time around at least. Unless they're 10 watt practice amps, your amps can probably get loud enough to carry the room
  7. Maiv

Maiv

Used 12.0.6? Cheap but good...