1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Little tiny nano sized Chorus petal recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe Louvar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of putting together my new 2014 nano (1590A) size petal board.

So far I have ~
    Pedaltrain Nano board
    One Spot supply with multi-plug 5
    TC Electronic Polytune mini tuner
    Xotic SP compressor
    TC Electronics Ditto looper

Now I need/want a good nano sized Chorus for bass - any recommendations?

EDIT: Please post a link too.

Thanks

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Moore just announced a new bass chorus, the Ensemble Queen, but I'm not sure when it will be available.

3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Thank you, yeah I've been keeping an eye on the Moore website http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=12 and the Ensemble Queen isn't even listed yet.

4. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

I had a Mooer Pitchbox, which has a 'detune' option as well as the pitchshift and harmony settings. The nice thing is you can set it to chorus either above or below the original pitch.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Mooer stepping out into original territory? I was under the impression they were all clones of popular old Boss etc. I'm pretty stoked with their Reacho delay, my first delay pedal.

7. anechoic

anechoic

The Ensemble Queen is definitely in stores - my wife bought one at a place in New Hampshire whose name escapes me a couple of weeks ago. She hasn't really had a chance to put it through its paces due to travel, but it sounded pretty good in the store (well, as good as anything could sound with the POS Squire P and similarly awful amp they stuck her with).

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

9. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

10. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Are you sure its the "QUEEN" and not the "KING"? I can't find the Moore Ensemble "Queen" anywhere?

11. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Ahh I see. Check with Jason at BSO, he may have brought some back from NAMM :)

12. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Okay, it's worth a try - I'll shoot him message. Thanks

EDIT:
    I was told over on the main Moore thread there's bass loss with the "King" so Moore is solving that problem for us bass players with their new "Queen"?

Does anyone have experience with any of these nano chorus petals (any bass loss etc)?

ModTone Guitar Effects Mini Mod Series MTM-CH Mini Chorus Bass Chorus Effect Pedal http://www.amazon.com/ModTone-Guita...&qid=1391316814&sr=1-23&keywords=chorus pedal

Malekko Omicron Analog Chorus http://www.amazon.com/Malekko-Omicr...&qid=1391317282&sr=1-55&keywords=chorus pedal

Donner Tutti Love Chorus Mini Guitar Effect Pedal http://www.amazon.com/Donner-Tutti-...&qid=1391317526&sr=1-93&keywords=chorus pedal

13. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

UPDATE: I sent Jason a message and "if possible" he's going to see if can an Ensemble Queen for me - he should know Monday. Thanks again.

14. anechoic

anechoic

No, you're right, it was the King. I didn't realize they were coming out with another version. Could have been the Ensemble Prince/Emperor/Khaleesi/etc. and it would have slipped by me.

15. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Oh okay, lol. When she gets a chance to use the KING more, please ask her if she notices any bass loss and get back to me with what she says (assuming she plays bass)? Thank you very much.

16. MikroKev

MikroKev

I have the Ensemble King. There is a bit of bass loss, but not a huge amount, and I can live with it. Nice warm analog sound.

I also tried the Mooer Mod Factory (digital) - a huge range of effects in a micro pedal, including chorus. But some effects are weak on bass - phaser, wahs. The chorus and tremelo were ok, but I still preferred the Ensemble King.

I'll probably try the Ensemble Queen (if it's analog) when it's available to see if that's better still. But if Mooer hadn't made it, I guess I'd be happy enough with the ensemble king.

17. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

I can't offer an opinion on it because I've never tried it, but you may want to look out for the MythFX Triton.

18. Jimmi Clarke

Jimmi Clarke

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Musicman, Ernie Ball, Ashdown Bass Amps
    I bought an Ensemble King a couple of weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. I've not noticed any bass loss but I tend to have the ratio low with the depth at about 12 o'clock which boosts the low end. It's a good sounding analogue chorus with true bypass and it's cheap too!! Win win!!

19. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hmm. That's an interesting box, I'm not sure I want/need all that - but, thank you very much for the link.

20. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Thank you both for the reports - its much appreciated.

Do any other Moore Ensemble King owners have any more comments? Thanks

21. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Sorry I missed this thread. I have the Malekko Omicron chorus. The sound reminds me of an old Keeley Hi-Fi Mod Boss CE-2 Chorus I used to have, but with a wider frequency response...and that's at 9V operation! Keep in mind, you can run the newer Omicron Choruses at 18V, for even more headroom.