1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Live '67 Thunderbird and Hiwatt DR201

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by godofthunder59, Feb 3, 2013.

1. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Some footage shot late last October just made available. I have a number of NR Thunderbirds this is the most beat one, with replaced headstock, chipping finish and a covered up route for a extra pickup. I was running my '75 Hiwatt DR201 through my Hiwatt 2150 (2x15cab) miced with a SM57. I am pretty happy with the results. During the solo at the end of the song I am covering the guitar part on the upper register. http://youtu.be/OUZ5R6eMuz8
  2. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

I had a NR back in 1973 to 1978. It was a 1960 according to the serial number. Loved it but the neck snapped twice and the second time it was not really repairable.

Chris
  3. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Cool Chris. Non reverse Thunderbirds were built from mid '65-'68
  4. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

Hmm ok. My memory is probably going then:) I do have a pic of it and been meaning to scan and post.

Chris