Live audio clip - Nordstrand 'Big Singles'

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Hi! here is a recent live recording of me and my function band, playing my 1990 Warwick Streamer Stage I (Modded with Nordstrand big singles) playing Beyonce's new tune 'Love on top' hope you dig it! :)

https://soundcloud.com/emartyuk/love-on-top
  2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Groovin, sounds good dude. Bass sounds pretty fat. I wouldn't mind hearing just a bit more highs on your bass, but other than that it sounds great. Nice playing...

Singer isn't half bad either..!
  3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks man! Yeah I took out a lot of highs for this song because I wanted just a low smooth tone on it. Cheers for listening! :)
  4. bassaram

bassaram

Sounds good! And damn, that singer has pipes!

I'd also love to hear this song done with more of a Jamiroquai-esque growly tone with some octave jumps to fill in where the synth bass is noodling a bit in the original.
  5. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks man, yeah she certainly does! she is normally even better than that but it was xmas eve and we were payed in cash and free booze! haha! :)

Yeah we've only recently learnt this, so still playing around with the feel! thanks for listening.