1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Live Dubstep Bass Guitar Wobble (Using Ableton Live 9)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CJ_Thorpe, Nov 24, 2013.

1. CJ_Thorpe

CJ_Thorpe

I posted on here a couple of years ago about how I make live dubstep style bass wobbles using a collection of effects pedals, well now I have sold them all in favour of using the effects bundled inside Ableton Live 9 and I thought it may interest some people to know how I do it.

Here is the latest track from my soon to be released EP, featuring live bass guitar (among other instruments):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB5CkqufwZU

And here is a tutorial video explaining how I make these sounds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZSnPGTFMGE

Although I use this style for dubstep, you can easily adapt it for DnB or Jungle... or any kind of dance music really.

Happy Wubbing!

Cj

Code: Marla
    www.codemarla.com
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Very very cool I love it and I didn't even know what Dubstep was until this year congrats and the video was cool.
  3. CJ_Thorpe

CJ_Thorpe

Cheers! :)

I'm relatively new to using Ableton for the live effects, but luckily as I used it a lot in production it was pretty easy to adapt to. I plan on doing some more tutorials soon once I've got my new EP release out of the way next month. It's so much fun.

I spent about 5 years collecting effects to make live dubstep and literally in the last few months I've sold them all as Ableton does all the same, plus more and with WAY more control.

Cj

Code: Marla
    www.codemarla.com
  4. CJ_Thorpe

CJ_Thorpe