Live Performance

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Dufm, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Dufm

Dufm

Hi All,

I have a bit of an issue here, this is not specifically about bass but someone may be able to help.
    I play bass guitar but also use a synth for the bottom end and currently im running a little akai controller off my iphone, technology hey!!!
    This is ok but i have a plethora of synths in ableton which id like to use with my midi controller, fine, i can do that no problem, the problem is, as soon as i plug it in in the jam room, the speakers go crazy with noise that seems to be effected by me using the touchpad mouse on my laptop.
    Ive read many forums regarding recording that say ground loop, ground loop!! Ive plugged in a DI, same! Ive just bought a ground loop eliminator which goes from my soundcard out to my PA in and im hopeful this will fix it but a lot of what im reading says its not guaranteed so im wondering if any of you learned gentlefolk can offer any other solutions?
    Please.....!!

Peace

2. morgansterne

morgansterne

are you playing out of a headphone jack on your laptop or is there a dedicated interface?
    are you getting the buzz even if your laptop is unplugged from the wall and running off of the battery?

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Maybe you don't have the volume up enough on the synth/pc.
    If you're cranking the gain on the mixer to be heard then swap it around, Crank the synth, and turn the gain down on the mixer.
    This will get more signal over the noise.