1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Live Radio

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by JohnMCA72, Nov 6, 2012.

1. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

I got to do a live radio mix this weekend for my local public radio station's membership drive. I've never done one before & it was a lot of fun on many levels. Other than the food & camaraderie, it was a fun & interesting experience mixing. It was like a cross between live, where you're out & about in a large area, & studio where you get a chance to replay & redo.

It was like neither of those.

On one hand, I had the immediacy of a live show, where everything happens in real time & there are no do-overs, but at the same time it was intimate & I could do things with various dimensions that wouldn't normally work in a live festival sort of event.

It was a lot of fun & I recommend to anybody if they get a chance to do it, do it!