1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lo Fidelity All Stars/Andy Dickinson gear set up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by natw42, Jan 4, 2013.

1. natw42

natw42

Hey TB-land

I just got a hankerin' for some synth bass, and wanted to research Andy Dickinson from Lo Fidelity All Stars and what his pedal setup would be.

I did a search, and all that came up were posts I made in synth-related threads a few years back. :oops: Regular ol' google search didn't really turn up much either.

Does anyone have a clue what he used to get those crazy sounds off of "How to Operate with a Blown Mind" back in the early 90's? I'd post YT clips but it's blocked at my office. Their single "Battleflag" hit #6 on the rock charts back in 98 or something like that and would be the prime example of what I'm looking into.

Thanks in advance.
  2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I don't know what he's using but that sound would be pretty easy to dial in on a Boss SYB-5. OC-2>gated fuzz>envelope filter would get pretty close to this sound as well.
  3. natw42

natw42

Thanks for replying.

Yeah I was thinking oc2 into a gated fuzz was a part of it. The filter sweeps are what I'm unfamiliar with in some of his tones. I was mostly wondering what his pedalboard was for curiosity's sake too. Ill scour YouTube when I get on the comp later to see if there are any live tracks to post too.