1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Lo Fidelity All Stars/Andy Dickinson gear set up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by natw42, Jan 4, 2013.

1. natw42

natw42 Gold Supporting Member

Hey TB-land

I just got a hankerin' for some synth bass, and wanted to research Andy Dickinson from Lo Fidelity All Stars and what his pedal setup would be.

I did a search, and all that came up were posts I made in synth-related threads a few years back. :oops: Regular ol' google search didn't really turn up much either.

Does anyone have a clue what he used to get those crazy sounds off of "How to Operate with a Blown Mind" back in the early 90's? I'd post YT clips but it's blocked at my office. Their single "Battleflag" hit #6 on the rock charts back in 98 or something like that and would be the prime example of what I'm looking into.

Thanks in advance.

2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I don't know what he's using but that sound would be pretty easy to dial in on a Boss SYB-5. OC-2>gated fuzz>envelope filter would get pretty close to this sound as well.

3. natw42

natw42 Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for replying.

Yeah I was thinking oc2 into a gated fuzz was a part of it. The filter sweeps are what I'm unfamiliar with in some of his tones. I was mostly wondering what his pedalboard was for curiosity's sake too. Ill scour YouTube when I get on the comp later to see if there are any live tracks to post too.