1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Loaded 80s Fender Jazz Bass Special Bodies

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by dave120, Dec 11, 2013.

1. dave120

dave120 Supporting Member

Well it's a sad day for me but I finally need to do some house cleaning with all of the bass stuff I have had sitting around for a few years now. These Jazz Bass Specials are getting harder to find these days, so I figure it's best to make these available for others to enjoy since I'm not making use of them.

What we have here are two mid-late 80s passive Fender Jazz Bass Special bodies, both fully loaded with electronics and pickups. I intended on finding necks for these eventually and putting them back together, but I already have 3 more of these basses and I don't have the time to work on them anymore. I can say that with another one I have, it paired up perfectly with one of the Duff McKagan signature model necks if you want it to look original. Those are a lot easier to find than original ones and will probably be in better shape. Any standard Fender sized neck should work though.

The first one is the sort of rose color, otherwise known as "Burgundy Mist". It's got some miles on it but seems to be fully functional when plugged in (TBX seems to work correctly as well). The knobs obviously are not original, but everything else seems to be original including the pickups. One of these sold recently on eBay for $359, so I'm taking off some for the more "road worn" condition of this one.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------
    The second is black and in better shape, as it has been refinished with nitro lacquer, but does have some minor wear on the back probably from being moved around and stored on shelves. This one is also fully loaded, but doesn't seem to respond when plugged in. The pickups tested good on the meter so I'm guessing it's something in the wiring which appears to be the original stuff, but was removed during the refinish and not put back together correctly. This one also has copper foil shielding installed. It doesn't have a bridge on it and the holes were mostly filled in when it was being repainted, so it will need those drilled back out. I'm pretty sure I have an original JBS bridge I can include with this. This one also has the adjustable neck tilt screw in the neck pocket.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PM me with any questions or if you need pictures of something more specific. Shipping to US 48 only.

Rose: Gone to eBay! [DEL]$250 shipped[/DEL]
    Black: AVAILABLE! $200 shipped
  2. dave120

Bump..had some interesting trade offers, but I'm mainly looking to clear stuff out and not take any more in right now!
  3. dave120

TTT one last time
  4. dave120

Red one is off to eBay...black one still available for now.
  5. Register to disable this ad