1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Loaded Squier Neck For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by gjbassist, Feb 15, 2014.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I got this neck a while back for a project that never came to be. I believe it is a Squier P neck but the logo had been removed. Also it originally had the smaller open style tuners but the previous owner had drilled out the tuner holes for larger tuners. I used the term "drilled" loosely as it looked like they were hacked out by a 12 year old!:) I did my best to reshape the tuner holes and installed standard size tuners. If you look very closely there is a small space visible at the top of the E string tuner hole, but it is barely noticeable. I also gave the headstock and back of the entire neck several coats of Tru-Oil and applied a custom decal to the headstock. The decal is on top of the finish so it can be easily removed if you don't want it. The neck is in good condition overall with a small nick at the top of the headstock on the back side and a small nick in the fretboard above the 11th fret. Nut width is 1.65". Tuners and string retainer included. $55 shipped in the US.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh one more thing. To get the larger tuners to better fit the headstock I installed them in reverse. You turn them clockwise to tune instead of counter-clockwise.
  2. JdoubleH

JdoubleH Scented meat Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Interested... How are the trussrod, relief and frets?
  3. Stooltork

Stooltork

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I like your reverse solution on the tuners!
  4. gjbassist

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Truss rod works normally. Plenty of room to turn both directions. Neck is straight. The frets are a bit smaller in height than some others I have seen but they are in good shape with not much wear.
  5. gjbassist

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Bump with price drop.
  6. gjbassist

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I would also consider trading for a four string set of chrome tuners such as Hipshot, Gotoh, etc. for 11/16" opening.
  7. bobdabilder

bobdabilder

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

payment sent.
  8. gjbassist

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0