1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Loaded Strat pickguard - Kinman Impersonator 54, K7 wiring, no solder

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by yem, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yem

yem

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

For sale is my Kinman Impersonator 54 loaded strat pickguard. These pickups are noiseless but will produce pure old school stratocaster sounds. The wiring system allows for a no soldering installation and replaces the second tone control with a blend pot for the neck (or bridge) pickup.

If you search for "kinman impersonator 54" on google, one of the first results this review from soundonsound.com.

I'd like $300 + shipping. These are some of the best strat pickups that you can buy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[edit; more pictures]
    The shielding covers nearly the entire back of the pickguard. I'm not sure if it is aluminum or something else but it is rigid and sturdy. The wiring is straight from Kinman and is very clean.
    [​IMG]
    Note the switches! One toggles between different caps and the other switches the blend pickup - you can choose whether the blend knob adds in the neck or bridge pickup.
    [​IMG]
  2. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    168   0   0

3. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

0   0   0

I have several guitarists that I do work for and Kinman's ARE the standard for noiseless single coil pup's. Just the pickups alone go for $100 each, to get them in a pickguard with the optional blend at that price is a hell of a bargain..
    Bump for a great deal.
  4. yem

yem

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

More pictures!
  5. Yvarg

Yvarg Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Bump for excellent pickups! I installed a set of their "blues" strat pickups in a friend's guitar and they are the best sounding strat pickups I've heard. Whoever buys this will not regret it!
  6. yem

yem

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

What Yvarg said!
  7. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    168   0   0

8. yem

yem

Rating - 100%