Local CL: 70s V4 Head, SVT Flat-Back 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

If there are no electronic issues, I'd offer them $1000. But I'd pay the asking price to get it.

It looks like it is in pretty good shape as it is and will clean up nicely. This tells me that it has been looked after and cared for. It even has the dolly which is often missing.

I consider the early model with the silver knobs to be the most desirable. Couple that head with the fatback and you will have a great sounding rig.

Keep in mind that it will require a good checkup and perhaps a recap. Perhaps new tubes. There are potential additional costs.

Check the amp out careful. Try all the settings and tone knob position to ensure that they work. Listen for any speaker issues such as rubbing or distortion. Ask about any service history. Ask if any modifications were performed. Obvious is the three conductor power cord. If the amp has been recently serviced, that is a big plus.
  3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

I'm right there with b-o-t. :)
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Was that sarcasm about the beatup condition? Looks pretty damn good for the vintage if you ask me.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Naw, he's just practicing the price negotiation dance that he'll have with the seller. :p
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I agree with David, too.
  8. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Ugh. I just bought a bass. Wife will never go for it. Cest la vie. If that head is still around in 4 months maybe... but that cab - NEVER. I don't gig and we already have a kitchen table. ;)