1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Local FS/FT in DFW Metroplex: 2005 Musicman Sterling 4H Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ChetMagongalo, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChetMagongalo

ChetMagongalo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Edit: firecrasher emailed MusicMan to get a little more info on this bass
    "F12734 - DOB: 05/13/05, Blue Dawn finish"
    Thanks dude!

For sale is this bursty sparkly blue Ernie Ball MusicMan Sterling. Besides the aesthetic value this bass also plays very nicely and sounds awesome. The Sterling has a more sleek body than the Stringray and also a thinner neck which I prefer. The tone is comparable but I find the Sterling to be a better choice with the toggle switch for the pickup coils. Between that and the 3 band EQ there are a lot of great sounds to be had.

The bass itself is in very good shape. There are some small flaws and signs of wear that I tried my best to document with pictures. The most notable are two small impressions on the neck and fretboard around the 7th fret. This is pretty much just a cosmetic issue and you barely feel them while playing. The other main flaw is around the top strap button, where it seems there was an excessive amount of pressure put on it, making a sort of small crater around the strap button. This previously had left the strap button loose but I had a luthier tend to it and it is now rock solid.

I have only owned this bass for around 4 months, it hasn't left my house and has gained no new battles scars during my ownership. The serial code on the neck plate dates it be made in mid 2005. I'm including the hardshell case that came with the bass. The case has some aesthetic damage but no holes or anything, the inside is in great shape.

$750 cash

As far as trades go I'm interested in other basses around this price range, I'm kinda open to hear what you have, I'm not looking for any jazz basses though. I would also prefer 4 string fretted basses. Also nice bass amps and cabs. I like Aguliar and Bergatino stuff for more recent brands. I'd like to also hear about cool great sounding older amps too. Go ahead and throw anything worthwhile my way, the worst I'll say is no thanks.

Cash only. I would be happy to meet you halfway and/or at a music store if you would like to play it through an amp. We can also plug into the speaker system in my car which would be convenient. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Thanks!

I know I have no feedback currently, but a local sale will of course give you a chance to give the bass a good look yourself. I also have a presence on the forum ilovefuzz.com, and plenty of people on there (some of them post on TB too) will vouch for my credibility, I'd be happy to talk about that if need be.

All questions are welcome in here or a PM :hyper:

Okay picture time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Jedilunchbox281

Jedilunchbox281 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

3. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

4. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I have a 93 G&L SB-1 with hard shell case I would trade.
  5. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

How did you rig that up? Pretty cool.
  6. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I just have a stereo console with an 1/8" input, usually for mp3 players, but get a converter on your 1/4" instrumental cable and you have some car speakers to play on!
  7. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Clever. I'll have to try this. One more reason for me to replace my stock stereo from '06 (as if Bluetooth isn't enough).
  8. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

price dddddrop
  9. firecrasher

firecrasher

0   0   0

10. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

bump up the volume
    bump up the volume
    dance dance
  11. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

12. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

13. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

you're gonna be sad when you can't have it!
  14. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

15. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

16. ChetMagongalo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0