Local shop closing ....

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by kikstand454, Feb 18, 2014.

1. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I'm not sure if posting this is cool, so mods- do what you will.

A local shop is closing here in Nflorida and I'm posting their Craigslist add because they have some great stuff at some awesome deals. They've been pretty cool guys the few times I've been in there. I have no idea how/if they will ship, but their number is at the bottom of the add. I have absolutely 0 affiliation with this store and am only posting it in an effort to help out my fellow TBers.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/msd/4327962173.html

Thanks.

2. kikstand454

Really? No interest?
    They have Laklands and Stingrays for cheap! I thought you guys would be all over this.......

3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

i love going out of business sales (hate it for the business though). i generally wait till the prices are completely ridiculous. plus the two i've been able to take advantage of have been in my area.

4. kikstand454

Exactly. I don't think these prices are going to get much cheaper over the phone. They're closing Friday.
    maybe in store with cash in hand...... I feel bad for the store as it is trully locally owned and operated and have been real upstanding people to deal with.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. zenbanshee

zenbanshee

My parents live in Tallahassee and I've driven by that store a few dozen times . . . now I feel really bad for not going in.

7. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Man! What a bummer! Andy was always really nice to me and I loved going in there to check out all the cool stuff I couldn't afford! Andy even hosted a free clinic by Victor Wooten 2 years ago that I went to. It was awesome. Victor seems to be as good as teacher as he is a player.

Any idea why he's closing?

The ad says he's closing the Tallahassee store. Does he have another store somewhere else now? Or is he opening another store?

8. kikstand454

I have heard some rumors..... but that's all. I'm under the impression it is a personal thing- not a business thing.

That leaves Tallahassee with one independent music store ( music masters formerly mainstreet...). Sad. At one time we had at least 7.

9. StuartV

Fortunately, Bobby/Musicmasters is cool!

10. kikstand454

Yeah ..the whole bunch there is pretty cool. I may go buy a TC bh250 from them just to show some local support. Andy's closing saddens/ scares me.

With GC being in financial trouble...... are we about to have NO music store here?!

11. StuartV

It would suck for y'all if GC Tallahassee closes! I always tried to shop at MM and Andy's, but there are lots of things they don't stock that GC does. Being able to run out and grab it saved me numerous times!

12. kikstand454

13. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

I bought a lefty mm sr5 from those guys years ago over the phone. Great service and a unbelievable price. Set me up with a bunch of DR strings to go along too. Sorry to hear they're going out.