1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Logic Pro guru needed

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Matthew P. Morris, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Matthew P. Morris

Matthew P. Morris Supporting Member

I Accidentally had loop recording enabled and I have a 3 hour practice loop recorded into Many 10 minute takes. Any suggestions on how to make this session usable would be great.
    Thank you
    Matt

2. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

Meaning you want to auto join 10 minute tracks?

3. sratas

sratas

I see your "problem"...If I understand correctly you have looped a certain lenght (200 measures for example) and the DAW automatically took multiple "takes" embedding them in a folder when your band was rehearsing, for 3 hrs...
    this way you should have about 18 takes in that folder and you want them to be "merged" automatically in the right temporal order...
    I'm not sure that Logic has a proper one step solution, maybe you just have to bounce every single take and/or drag the regions to accomplish a manual merging of them.
    Sincerely I'm not sure it will work, in particular I'm afraid of that particular moment where a take begins and stops and usually this is a crucial point for things to be cut or merged...try and see if this sounds without annoying noises when a take ends and another begins. If this works, you can always obtain a single big region by merging all the parts together in a single file using the proper command...

4. Matthew P. Morris

Well thank you. But after a good 40 mins of "unpacking to tracks" and trying to align regions... I peeked in the audio folder and there 8 3 hour tracks... So I just imported those. So within the program it makes multiple takes but does not cut up the audio. Sweet!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sratas

sratas

glad you found the solution and shared it, that could happen to many of us. In fact, the shape that we see in the arrange window is only a representation, called "region", of the actual audio information that is stored in the audio folder of the project. many times there is no direct correspondence between the two, and this was your luck!

7. Matthew P. Morris

Ok... Feel like a go for a similar question but in protools?