Logic vs Emotion (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Deechord, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Deechord

Deechord

Thanks to all those who responded to my dilemma. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that GB Contour 500 115. I did not get a tracking number...so was not sure when it would arrive. (4 days)
    I got home at 4am...and there it was...sitting in the driveway...in 20 degree darkness. I struggled to take it up the ice encrusted front stairs. (I am a short dude ).Once inside..I drug it up the one flight of stairs to my makeshift Media/Music room. Un boxed..and checked for damage. Thought I would let it thaw out overnight.
    Next afternoon...I fired it up...and started to mess around with the various settings. Y'all were right...totally different sound than my 25w practice amp. Like having a new bass(es). Even at low volume...it sounds so much cleaner. I am more motivated...to practice. So much more fun...tweaking knobs...and hearing difference in the sound and tone.
    I am....a Happy Camper! :hyper:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Very cool. Keep your practice amp, though. The GB is small but it's always nice to have a tiny little knockaround amp you can get in and out with.