Lollar J pup discussion

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by justinellison3, Jan 14, 2013.

1. justinellison3

justinellison3

So I installed some Lollar pickups in my bass thinking I was gonna be absolutely blown away by the sound but I've been playing on them and I notice a difference in the tone from the Mex pups but its not really $180 worth...

I was pretty satisfied with the mexican stock pick ups in them originally. I was really hoping to get absolutely ridiculous mind blowing tone based on the reviews I've read. I guess I just haven't gotten to play them enough to judge them.

But has anyone else felt like this about their Lollars? I would like some input and feedback please :confused:

2. vin*tone

vin*tone

Hmmm. Well there are so many factors at play here it's hard to know where to start. What were you expecting that they're not delivering? What works for others may not work for you. Maybe your amp is the problem? I'm obviously guessing here...

I owned them for a while and preferred a set of Model J's (in that bass). They were both good sets - just very different.

3. justinellison3

justinellison3

Well I was just just expecting a much clearer tone which I did get. Nice 60s vintage tone. Like I said I do hear a difference I just don't think it was worth $180 lol

But I run through an eq pedal and sansamp DI into a system usually. You're right it might just be our crappy ass speakers.