1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Long A string

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by samshreves, Feb 8, 2014.

1. samshreves

samshreves

That's right, I said long A string.
    Does anyone make one of these? I have an extension and I want to tune in Viennese tuning for Dittersdorf concerto because it's so much easier that way (I wonder why...).

I assume I have to special order it, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who makes like a "Viennese tuning set".
  2. MikeCanada

MikeCanada

How challenging would it be for you to remove your extension? I know a few players that have just taken it off for recitals with alternate tunings, and put a regular nut back on.

Depending on how your extension was made/attached to your instrument, this might not be an option. I don't think you'll find "extended A" strings on the market though... It is an understatement to say that is a small part of the market.