1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Long and McQuade 50th Anniversary Ernie Ball HH SR4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ozzzer1, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ozzzer1

ozzzer1

I was just told that I own a Long and McQuade 50th Anniversary Ernie Ball HH SR4 bass in Red Pearl Burst/Rosewood Fret Board SN is E33237 50 SR4's were specialy made by Ernie Ball for L&M's anniversary in 2006. 25 Have Rosewood fret boards like mine. The other 25 have Maple fret boards. So worldwide there are only 25 basses like mine. BTW it's in mint shape! I bought it used off of Craig's List about 5 or 6 years ago for $1020.00(the owner wanted $1100.00 but all I could come up with was $1020 and he took it).
    Here's my predicament. I bought a used Lakland 5501 back in the summer and that's all I've been playing. I find that going back and forth between a 4 string and a 5 string really tough. I'm sure I'm not the only one. What I would like to do is sell the SR4 but I have no idea what it's worth or what collector forum/site to list it in.
    I have friends and band mates telling me to keep it but, I would rather have a really nice 5 string that I'll fall in love with and actually use then a collectable 4 string sitting in a case collecting dust.
    Can anyone confirm for me through the serial number that this an L&M 50th Anniversary Bass. If it is, what should I be asking for it and where should I list it?
    Thanks a TON!

Regards,

ozzzer1
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Sorry boss, price quotes are for supporting members only. This thread may get deleted because of that.

It sounds legit but pics would help, the EBMM forum is full of fanboys who can tell you lots about the bass and special runs, I personally have not heard of the L&M run but it very well could be true. Just do not mention selling the bass or even worse modifying it on EB forums, as I said, they are fanboys and will lambast you.

EDIT: Found this page for you, the special run did happen and here is a serial number reference, it is close to yours but I cannot offer more than that, sorry. Just search Long & McQuade

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/town8019/mycustompage0028.htm
  3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

The only place that can confirm any info from the serial number is the EBMM company.
    But if I remember right, the L&M basses I saw were redburst with a clear pickguard.
  4. pudgychef

pudgychef

imho - that run of 50th Anni for L+M were not the sort of Limited Run that resulted in them being of a higher re-sale value (like the 30th Anni Mahogs or a PDN)

likely around what you paid - give or take any mods or depreciation
  5. ozzzer1

ozzzer1

Hi all!

I just received this fro Ernie Ball:

Here are the details on your bass:

Production Date: January 25th, 2006 (1/25/06)
    Model: Stingray-4 HH
    Finish: Pearl Redburst
    Body: Ashwood
    Neck: Maple, Matching Headstock
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Pickguard: Clear

This bass would have originally sold for somewhere between $1,470 and $1,600, with an upgraded G&G hardshell case. From what I can find, this limited run was the only instance in which the Pearl Redburst finish was used on a bass model (it's exclusive to the John Petrucci guitar model). Unfortunately, we don't deal in the used market, so we can't give you an appraisal for the bass's worth today. But, it should retain its value very well, being that there were so few of these instruments made, and since it is in such good condition

So Jacob at Ernie Ball confirmed for me that this is an L&M Anniversary HH SR4. Cool!
    here are some pics for those of you who are interested:

http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/ozzzer1/library/EB MM HH SR4 50th LM

Thanks Guys!