Long Time Bassist, New TB'er

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by dusterdan, Mar 31, 2014.

1. dusterdan

dusterdan

Hey all, my name is Dan. I started playing guitar in middle school and soon found that the low end was calling my name...I made the switch to the dark side shortly thereafter. I've been playing bass now for almost 10 years and have owned many many pieces of gear. My first bass was an Iceman ICB 200 with a Behringer Thunderbird amp. I soon after scooped up 2 precision basses and found that my problem was the baseball bat of a neck. The first jazz bass I ever played was an 84' Fender Jazz Bass Special (which I still have). Needless to say, my absolute favorite sound is P-pickups with the playability of a Jazz so almost all of my current basses are setup as such.

My current stable houses an SD SPB-3 powered precision with a vintage 70's squier jazz neck, a Blacktop Jazz with an all maple warmoth Neck, a 96' MIM JB with SD pups, and the ol' 84' Fender Jazz Bass Special.

As for amps, I owned a Fender Rumble 100, the Behringer Thunderbird a Fender Bassman 25 and a few others. My current setup in the amp category is an 80's Randall RBA Bass 500 driving an Ampeg 810 (which I acquired from Bruce Moreland of Wall of Voodoo!).

I still play guitar (have several) but bass is my main calling. It's a pleasure to be here and I hope to get to know lots of you! I'll snap some pics and post them when I return home in a few weeks. Thanks for having me! :hyper:

2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome. Look forward to your comments.