1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Lonnie Mack's bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by uglyrumor, Feb 7, 2014.

1. uglyrumor

uglyrumor

Does anyone know who was Lonnie Mack's bassist in his early recordings on the "Fraternity" label?

2. Road-Dog

Road-Dog

Wayne Bullock-Played one of the very first Explorer basses.

3. Road-Dog

Road-Dog

I was not saying that was the only bass he played, just throwing it out there--Explorer bass no 1 was ordered by Roger "Jelly Roll" Troy in Kalamazoo in 1959, but it fell eventually in the hands of Lonnie Mack's bassist Wayne Bullock .

4. MR PC

MR PC

Jelly Roll diminishes the physical stature of the other players onstage...at least last time I saw him he did.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GOX42

GOX42

Funny Lonnie Mack story. My dad went to school with him and was and remains pretty good friends. One night Lonnie came to see my dads country band play a early set an the. Wanted them all to ride with him to Louisville to see this hot young guitar player named Stevie Ray Vaughan my dad was tired and opted not to go. Pretty sure he regrets that.