1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for a blender/mixer pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jg42, Oct 6, 2012.

1. jg42

jg42

What are my options?

Thank you.
  2. vigor&kandor

vigor&kandor

Boss line selector
  3. Adrisss

Adrisss

Dude you stole my topic !

I was about to post the same thread.

I'm looking for a 2 loop pedal with a tuner out.

Looking for true bypass aswell and blending possibilities.

I'd prefer the loops to be in serie.

As I'm french i'd prefer a EU pedal just to reduce duties (wich could get close to half the pedal value !)

Here are my first results (builders) :

- Loop Master (USA), lot of choices.
    - Boss, LS2, cool but not what I'm looking for.
    - Bright Onion (UK), same as LM with less choices
    - SFX (UK), does custom jobs, I mailed them earlier.
    - DHA (UK), He doesn't list it but he told me he could build some loopers with blend to order when I bought my VT2.
    - Lehle (De), looks unbreakable but expensive and no tuner out.

If you guys could help me find what I'm looking for, with EU or US builders, I'd appreciate !

Hope my searches could help you !
  4. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

I've never heard of a bad blender pedal, so whatever looks good, does what you want and doesn't cost too much is the right one for you. Online stores like PrymaxeVintage have a great selection and a useful search feature.
  5. papasound

papasound Supporting Member

I've got a Badger Schism XV on it's way to me.

Attached Files:

6. Jens Busck

Jens Busck

I would go for this: http://this1smyne.com/shop/mbl-mini-blender-pedal/

I have the mini buffer and a tap tempo from t1m and they are so cool (actually so cool, that the tap tempo is right now borrowed out to a childrens show on danish national TV, where it performs as a magic button that make people change their cloth instantly!).

Xotic X-blender is also a good-looking option.
  7. topo morto

topo morto

I have 3 - none are bad, but sometimes certain ones don't work for certain things.

When i put a kill/thru switch on the output of my x blender, I get a volume jump in the dry signal on activating it - no such problem with the LS2. But when I put some fuzzes in the LS2, they self-oscillate - but then they are happier in a basic passive blender.
  8. gus1894

gus1894 Supporting Member

I've seen some posts recently citing poor experiences, but in the past I've had good dealings with Dan. Is it hit or miss? Is it no longer a safe bet?
  9. marwine

marwine

pigtronix keymaster is amazing
  10. u84six

u84six Supporting Member

Hmm, well there is a volume knob on the XBlender, have you tried adjusting it to balance the mix? I use XBlender and I get no volume changes or tone suck at all. That's why I love it! My clean signal never changes, and I just "blend" in my effects chain. ;) IMO, it's one of the best non-effects pedals I've ever used.
  11. peterwagner

peterwagner

12. alec

alec

I've got a Wounded Paw Blender v4 which has some advanced features
    http://woundedpaw.com/fx/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2 (ooh, new website)

I think it's custom jobs that are the problem.
  13. topo morto

topo morto

You're probably not doing what I am - putting a physical momentary switch on the send (for spot effects, etc) with an effect (e.g. a delay or reverb) set to 100% wet. The problem is that activating the send on the effect loop changes the clean level, which of course can't be helped with the blend knob.

With the LS2, this arrangement works fine.

Not saying it's a bad bit of kit, just that blenders are not all the same (with their buffering arrangements, etc) so different ones are going to be better for different applications....
  14. u84six

u84six Supporting Member

You're right, I'm not doing the same thing and I don't quite understand what you're doing, but I didn't say for you to try and correct it with the blend knob either. The XBlender has a "volume' knob in addition to the blend knob. Have you tried adjusting the volume (not the blend)?
  15. topo morto

topo morto

Sorry, my bad. No, the problem persists however the little volume knob is set. Same with the boost button. And it's not a phase issue, because the effect (a delay) is set 100% wet.
  16. gus1894

gus1894 Supporting Member

That I've heard also. Be a shame if he went south. Dealt with him a few times; he was a straight shooter and really great to deal with. Hopefully it's just a bad patch.
  17. Salamenster

Salamenster

But will it blend?
  18. blujosh

blujosh

19. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I am using a lowly Boss LS-2 but am still able to be in awe of the Badger. Enjoy.
  20. xikbastard

xikbastard

i am using a badge schism. blardy awesome.