1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for a left handed Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllEyesOnSteve, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AllEyesOnSteve

AllEyesOnSteve

So I'm attempting to purchase a new bass (4 or 5 string) but I'm unsure of what to actually buy. Considering I'm left handed, it kind of lowers my options down. The band that I play in plays in drop A tuning. I was either thinking of purchasing one of the more expensive Schecter models, but if anyone could give me feedback on what I should get, it'd be awesome.
  2. sensei_steve

sensei_steve Supporting Member Supporting Member

Go to a major music store and look near the left handed piano section, the left handed violin section, the left handed horn and woodwind sections and of course the left handed string bass section. You can find everything you need!
  3. belimad

belimad Supporting Member

Check out leftybassist.com
    Also, plenty of options on eBay.
    Dont waste your time in a brick and mortar shop, very few carry any meaningfull lefty inventory. A few online shops (eg southpaw) will have some good options as well.
    In terms of what to buy, it mostly depends on how much you want to spend and what you are looking for. If you buy used there are a good umber of options you can choose from.
  4. amimbari

amimbari

this post was pretty sad.... :rollno:

but back on topic, the suggestions that belimad made were very helpful. There are quite a lot of choices out there from "cheap" to very expensive, 4 or 5string units now a days......
  5. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

Not helpful, not funny..
  6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Sandberg basses are all available as lefty's without added extra costs.. However, they are more expensive then the Schecter basses.
  7. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

Be sure to check out adirondackguitar.com, lots of lefty bass guitars.
  8. BrickBatMansion

BrickBatMansion

9. xantometapon

xantometapon

I try to use this forum for feedback and info about the basses that I like, trying to avoid negative comments about other people´s replies .... but this one is so so so so so stupid that I just had to say it.:scowl::scowl:

Of course I am lefty
  10. polymad

polymad

I'm a lefty myself and have a lot of basses that I am trying to sell, as my Fodera will be ready in Feb. PM me and will send you pics and details.