Looking for a new bass, and I need ideas!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Myrriad, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad

I've got a Ibanez SDGR205, not a fan of the 5 strings. I'm looking to play artists like Primus, Black Sabbath, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Seether, Tool, etc. I've got a budget of around $600 and I'm OK doing either used or new. I was looking at the Fender Standard Jazz (MIM) but I'm not sure.
  2. Myrriad

Myrriad

I play mainly slap/finger by the way.
  3. JoZac21

JoZac21

Based on your criteria, I personally would drop an extra $50 and get a G&L Legacy L2000... I think they're really great basses...

But that's just me.

If I were you, I'd head on over to as many shops as possible and play every bass in my price range... that's the only way to know what's best for you IME...
  4. Myrriad

Myrriad

I can't seem to find that, think you could shoot me a link so I know I've got the right one?
  5. JoZac21

JoZac21

6. Myrriad

Myrriad

That Blueburst is damn pretty. If I can find one used, I'll be all over that. Now to save. Will that be good from anything like slapping some RHCP to fingerstyling some Seether?
  7. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

+999999 on the G&L. Unbelievable bang for your buck. Also, super versatile and comfortable to play.
  8. JoZac21

JoZac21

I don't see at all why not... they're known for their high output and growl, but there's also a lot of options w. the electronics, and I find them to be very versatile instruments...

If you're not already familiar w. G&L, they were the third company started by Leo Fender (after Fender and Music Man), along w. George Fullerton... here's a little history.

Hope this all helps!