Looking for a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BTB5SFS, Dec 23, 2012.

1. BTB5SFS

BTB5SFS

Hello,
    I have a couple thousand to spend and am looking for a new bass. I already have an Ibanez BTB 5 string and a 5 string Lakland. I have been looking at a new 2012 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass Natural Maple Fretboard 4 string and also a used MODULUS Q5. Both basses come with nice hardshell cases and are about the same price. I want to find a GREAT BASS but am not sure which direction to go. Opinions please:help:
  2. rockinrayduke

rockinrayduke Supporting Member

Lot of folks love that Q5. I have a Q4 and I'd love to try one.
  3. pica

pica

Can't go wrong with an American Fender.
  4. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    A Sadowsky. If you are leaning toward the Fender, then the Sadowsky is really it. My two pennies...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I have a 2011 American Jazz Deluxe with rosewood fretboard and love the way it sounds and plays. The only issue is that I sometimes get more noise than I would like when it is in active mode. They usually retail for around $1600 to $1,700
  7. gumbynotpokey

gumbynotpokey

Go to the Carvin website and look around.

Go to the Clement website and look around.

:bag:
  8. BuffaloBass

BuffaloBass Supporting Member

Ever try a Lakland J bass , or Valenti, or Nordy? I do like the Valenti most of all frankly, with the bigger 35" board of the Lakland a close 2nd.So, in the J bass world,m there are multiple options, and I think you can beat the Fender Am price and construction in that heavily competitive market.( BTW, I have always liked the Geddy Lee fit and sound and tis less than am Am Strd.) ) But you must try a few, and NOT go on anyone's opinon but your own. ( I tried the Sadowsky since all the "holy grail" talk here and I sold it in days - so...? )

Jazz bass and Modulus are two different animals, yes?
  9. SteveC

SteveC

I love my Geddy Lee, too. I have a couple Roscoe's on the way, but I may keep the Geddy around. Best playing and sounding jazz bass I have tried - including many that were 3 times the price.
  10. BTB5SFS

BTB5SFS

Thanks everyone for your valuable input. I am tyring to figure out which direction to go in and just trying to get a little background info. I cannot try anything out right now as I am and will be in Afghanistan until February. I have been looking at the Modulus Q5 or a Fender American Deluxe 4 string. I realize that they are two different beasts and as of now I can only dream about what bass to get (until February that is). Thanks again peeps.