1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for a set of jazz bass templates. Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by cstar, Dec 3, 2013.

1. cstar

cstar

As the title says. I'm going to start carving out a new body soon, and I'd like to find a good jazz bass template set.

To my understanding, the profile of a jazz bass has changed a bit over time. I love the curves of a jazz bass and am partial to the lines of vintage bodies the most.

I'm hoping to find a true to vintage, quality template set. I'm looking to pair a Warmoth jazz neck up with this body.

Do you guys recommend the Ron Kirn templates? Some of the edges look a little rough in these pics. Also, the ends of the pup routs look strangely round.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RON-KIRN-JA...665?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27d3a82131
  2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

3. thiessen3.14

thiessen3.14 Supporting Member

Here's a 1:1 pdf of the different years. You can make your own!

Good Luck!
  4. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta