1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

looking for a shallow single rackspace case

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Mike Arnopol, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Trying to find a single space rack bag (is that what it's called?).
    Just want something small for a parametric eq. I've seen them in a 14" depth but that wastes about 6" for me.
  2. Rocksolid

Rocksolid

Is it a half rack or full 1u? Perhaps a gator IEM bag if it is half rack.

edit: fixed my autocorrect misspelt word...
  3. Mike Arnopol

Disclosures:
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    it's a Symetrix parametric. Full rack width--only about 7" deep
  4. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

I bought the SKB Xrack3.
    It is 10.5" deep, just sufficient to mount a Crest ProLite2 power amp.
    These racks can be a bitch, because they have a flat rear cover and not the removable lid of the Standard racks.
    With my ProLite2 installed, I cannot reach into the 3RU space to make connections.

If all you are mounting are short depth devices, you should be OK.
    I'd think a 1RU will be too small to get your hand in the rear opening, so heads-up here.
  5. Mike Arnopol

Disclosures:
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    what I really want is what I guess you'd call a "rack bag". They make 'em for a single rack space but it's 14" deep and would be a pain as far as connections. This is something that I'd like that was small enough to use a shoulder strap with. Minimum size is what I'd like. I thought that they'd make one for guitarists that just wanted to carry around a shallow depth effects unit or something.
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Here is one, 8" deep, but it is U3.

Gator Cases makes shallow racks but I don't think that they make a shallow rack bag.
  7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

Mike, the problem you are coming up against is the 1 space need; 2 or more rack spaces would be the norm, here.