1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for a specific style of bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eee, Jul 23, 2013.

1. eee

eee

I feel like I'm on the hunt for a unicorn - a 34 inch fretless 5 string, preferably Fender-esque.

Is there such thing as a mass-produced, 34 inch fretless 5?
  2. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

EBMM SR5
    G&L L2500
  4. eee

eee

Nice! I'll take other suggestions as well.
  5. BenWhoPlaysBass

BenWhoPlaysBass

When I hear 34 inch and 5 string, the only name that comes to mind is Music Man. I'd look into G&L like the guy above me said. That's kind of the best-of-both-worlds option when you're deciding between Fender and MM.
  6. eee

eee

Guess I know where to start looking. Thanks guys!
  7. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Didn't Fender make a fretless 5 Jazz at one point? MIM maybe? That would be as Fender as it gets. (But I could be wrong.)
  8. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

Carvin makes two basses that are very Jazz-esque: the SB series and the B series. And they now have a new Precision-esque series: the PB series. All available in 5-string, all available in fretless, and all 34".