1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for a Warwick Thumb NT 5 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by diosito, Jan 16, 2014.

1. diosito

diosito

Hello,

I'm looking for a used Warwick Thumb NT 5 fretless. I can't seem to find one. NOt even on ebay. :crying:

Any suggestions?

Thanx!
  2. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me. Supporting Member

Nothing more useful than keeping an eye on the TB classifieds. Maybe put a Wanted post in there.
  3. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Supporting Member

I have an exceptionally rare made in Germany 5 string Streamer PRO M fretless for sale- Has a deep and focused sound which I find more versatile than a thumb. Also a bit better in the balance department... Maybe she can help tide you over?
  4. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

That is a sweeet sounding bass. Make sure to play one on a strap before you take the plunge though!
  5. gleneg61

gleneg61

+1000 to what lake said. I have a b/o thumb 5 n luv it but was very disappointed with the neck thru's balance & by virtue of that, it's playability. Sounded great tho but there's a world of difference in the 2 model's balance & ease of play, IMO. Good luck with ur search!
  6. MysticMichael

MysticMichael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

I'd love to acquire one of those myself. Got it on my GAS list.

Good luck!

MM
  7. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Supporting Member

I hate to thread jack- what a term of art that is- but I really think you 5 string fretless warwick fans should check out my streamer pro m lined 5.

I'm open to all manner of trades or cash plus/minus options. I'd say my bass is even rarer than a thumb 5 less- and has better balance and (I feel) a slightly more diverse tone from the jj pups in the sweet spot. If she were 35" scale and passive- I would not be typing these words. Also need to upgrade my rig and don't get many jazz for fretless- could probably make do w an off shore jaco bass for a while.

I work closer with a local tber (WarriorJoe7) with oodles of good feedback. (my wife, mama, dog, and pastor all say I'm a good guy)
  8. gleneg61

gleneg61

Unless ur 6'3 with orangutan arms n wear ur bass below chest level, I'd b seriously thinking about a streamer, especially for a fretless. Curved back like a thumb, more versatility n far better ergonomics: what's not to love? Or look into a bolt on if ur mind is set on a thumb. My 2c but this is coming from a thumb lover, albeit the b/o model only.