Looking for amp. Please help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by metalhead398, Jul 25, 2013.

1. metalhead398

metalhead398

I'm looking for a new amp to play with a Squier Jazz. I got a Rumble 12 with the bass. Looking to upgrade to something a bit louder, probably 200-500 watts. Had GK recommended. I definitely want one used, to save cash. Trouble is I can't find a good site to buy from. Tried the classifieds here, but nothing for under $500 (max I can pay). Any good sites/links?
  2. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

If there are no good deals on Craigslist this week, wait another week. Repeat as required untlil desired results achieved.

You only have to pay $500 if you want something today. If you can just toss a line in the water and wait, a good deal will swim by.
  3. metalhead398

metalhead398

Figured I'd try that next. Only problem is that I've heard some bad stuff about CL on TB. I've used it plenty, but other bassists don't seem to like it.
  4. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

You will hear bad stuff about Guitar Center too, but they often have good deals on used gear. Google "guitar center used" and you will get their used gear page that will search all their stores. They ship, and if you don't like it you can return it minus the shipping.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rude_basstard

rude_basstard

You could also check the TB Classifieds. The chances of finding a local match is slim, but possible. If you live near a major metropolitan area, the chances are actually not bad at all.
  7. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

Oh, and I forgot the obvious!
    Have you checked TalkBass forum for amps for sale?
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/

Edit: ...looks like rude and I were posting at the same time.
  8. metalhead398

metalhead398

Yeah I've been checking the classifieds almost every time I get on, which is almost daily. Tried CL, couldn't find anything. Actually eBay had the best selection. Any taboos prejudices etc.?