Looking for an amp...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Sav'nBass, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

I am looking for a combo with a 10" speaker and a DI that sounds good.. Here is the story..

I used to use my 900 at my church through a Avatar B212 .. Then they decided to go with Avioms to cut down on the sound coming from the stage.. I hate it.. I kept asking for a monitor but it was a no go.. However the guitarists were allowed to keep amps on the stage.. albeit small amps.. one is a small Tech 21 ... the other is a Fender something or other.. Anyway I kept beefing about it and finally I was given the go ahead to get a small amp to use as a monitor ... so I am considering one of two amps so far.. a Peavy Max 110 and a Hartke A 35 ... I have heard the Peavy before.. and it is a great sounding little amp... I like the Hartke because it has a direct out.. but I have never heard it.. I am going to go to GC to give it a go.. I like both because they have the kickback design.. Does anyone know of a small combo that might be similar to these and combine the features of both of these amps.. kickback design, small footprint, modest price.... or are these my two best options..?

This seems like the best blend of both amps that I have found.. Hartke Kickback 10 but it is discontinued.
  2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I used to play at a church that they alternate bass player left his Kickback 10 there, and it was perfect just for the situation you need ... I had it facing sideways across the stage and the drummer got the benefit of it as well ... DI out and was a nice clean sound ... I have used my Peavey Minx (35 watts/110) before and a DI box too, but it is not a kickback design, that Kickback 10 is worth looking for used ...
  3. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The Fender Bassman 60 is a nice little amp, if you can find one used ...
  4. Sav'nBass

Thanks guys.. more input welcome.. I will consider the Bass an as well... I was looking at some of the newer Rumbles but they are not a kickback design.. I guess if worse came to worse I could always get a stand.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Linnin

Linnin

I would check out Fender's Bronco 40 as it will meet all your stated needs and is extremely versatile.

Looks like the new Fender Rumble 40's won't be here until sometime in May.

If you want a kicback monitor style, my Rumble 75 is perfect, and you still find them new at bargin closeout deals. It has a Hi-Z line out rather than XLR, but it will still work as feed for a PA.
  7. msaone

msaone

I run a rumble 30 tilt back at church.
    Perfect for me. It doesn't have a di though so I just bought a cheap di box

That little amp really sounds pretty good.
  8. Sav'nBass