Looking for an Ampeg tech....

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bim1959, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Bim1959

Bim1959

Disclosures:
    Sales & electronic tech: England Music Center - Clinton IA
    I have an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro. Love the sound but the relay seems like it's on a hair trigger. Randomly the relay will kick out and I can get sound out of the DI but nowhere else. Also, it takes forever to kick in.

I love the sound of this amp even though it's underrated power-wise, but this relay problem is making it unuseable.

My 3 Pro I believe is a 1996.....

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The 3 Pro hits its wattage specs in any bench tests that I've heard about...jes' sayin' ;)

I looked your area up with their service center finder:

http://www.ampeg.com/scl/index.php?brand=ampeg

Didn't find anything near you but did see some places near Chicago. You could try calling Ampeg on Monday if those repair places are too far away. Or you could ship it. I'd rather ship an amp to a good place than take it to a local crummy place.

3. Bim1959

Bim1959

Disclosures:
    Sales & electronic tech: England Music Center - Clinton IA
    My 7 Pro went to the Audio Lab in Plainfield IL who said there was nothing wrong with it.

And I was hoping I could run into someone like Jerrold Tiers or Enzo who could give me some ideas.

And I know of 3 good local places, but I don't trust myself with this (and I used to be a LOUD tech when LOUD was just authorizing anyone who was a tech under the SLM regime work on their stuff) and the other 2 used to also be LOUD techs but resigned their authorized status because according to them "trying to get parts or help from LOUD is like pulling teeth."

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Well that may have been the case the first couple years LOUD owned Ampeg, but it's not anymore since they forced the former head idiot to resign.

5. Register to disable this ad