1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Looking for certain sound by adding effects.

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by tattoocharlie76, Apr 7, 2014.

1. tattoocharlie76

tattoocharlie76

I have just transitioned over to a Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5 and am looking for a certain sound in particular. Would love to get Tully Kennedy sound, but don't have the money to dive into a Sadowsky. I was wondering if there was a way to add some pedal effects to get close? Thanks so much for any input.

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

looks like your stiletto has a different type of configuration with 2 soap bar pickups and probably a completely different style of preamp. if tully is playing a sadowsky jazz bass you might have a tough time getting it to sound close. best thing you could do i suppose would be to either run through a preamp or a preamp/eq pedal and try to tweak your sound and hand position to where you can approximate the tone as best you can. if your stiletto had the same 2 jazz pickup configuration it would be a little more straight-forward. however, i've never heard a stiletto before so i'm not really sure what it sounds like. i'm just making an assumption based on the pictures i'm seeing online.