1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for Chaos Bassist examples

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by NightCat, Dec 9, 2013.

1. NightCat

NightCat

Ok, what I am actually looking for are examples of bass players who fill those effects drenched, psychedelic “electric guitar” parts of a song on bass. My only request is that it doesn’t include Les Claypool. I basically have all of his works so I need to look elsewhere.
    The thing that got me thinking about this is, my acoustic guitar playing buddy and I are working on The Meat Puppets - Lake of Fire. Brian said, “yeah I can do that accept I don’t want to do that “psychedelic crap”. I’m thinking that the “psychedelic crap” is a major part of what makes the song so damn cool. There must be bass players who have figured out how to fill the head spinning guitar break part of songs with psychedelic chaos bass playing. Brian said he’s willing to hold down the groove on guitar if I can figure out how do the freak-out parts on bass.
    There must be people between the Mark Sandman’s slick greasy slide bass and Les Claypool’s hyper skilled insanity. There are thousands of examples of guitar player sonically trippin’ from Jimmy Page to Jack White, what about bass players?
    ~NC