looking for chassis pics for Ampeg B18N

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by harryh, Dec 2, 2013.

1. harryh

harryh

Hi,
    A friend is restoring a '60's B18N I have. He's built around 40 Fender and Marshall clones, has a EEE Engineering degree, but hasn't worked on many Ampegs before.

Off course he has a schematic, but prior repair work to the amp has been less than competent, to the point that he is worried that the wires off of the 4-pin Ampeg connector may not be going to the original places in the circuit.

Could anybody help me with a short tutorial, or link me to some pics that would show where the wiring is 'supposed to go'?

As well, he says the auxillary speaker jack hookup for the B18 looks different from the jack on a B15 schematic. Is the guitar cable jack on the 18 supposed to work in conjunction with the regular connection, or is supposed to work in place of the regular connection?

Thanks, harryh

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    In conjunction with the regular connection.

Here's a chassis pic I found using Google Images:

[​IMG]

3. harryh

harryh

4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Check the speaker connections here and down the page here. Hopefully that should tell the story. The ext speaker jack should be wired the same way as the B-15. When you plug in a second 8 Ω cab to the ext speaker jack, the speaker should be wired in series and connected to the 16 Ω tap on the output transformer.

5. Register to disable this ad