Looking for FREE song lyric/chord music website

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Tx Basser, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Tx Basser

Tx Basser

Guys & Gals.....

I frequent a website known as www.countrytabs.com whenever there is a new country song our band wants to learn the lyrics and chord changes to.

Do any of you know of a website/sites where rock songs can be studied for free? I know there are several websites where you have to download something to access the website but I really hate downloading stuff from those sites. And I don't want to print anything out either.
    I simply want to learn the chord changes and lyrics etc. The site doesn't have to be sheet music type or leads or bass parts note for note either.

Any help is greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance.
    Respectfully.
    TX Basser
  2. Already In Use

Already In Use

I've been on and done the free thing. The time you save joining a pay site will out weigh the small fee paid to use it, IMO of course. I'm older so the light at the end of my tunnel is coming home quick..Time is valued more than money to a certain degree. Peace!
  3. angryclown5

angryclown5

Chordie.com has lots of song transcriptions. Quality varies, but worth bookmarking.
  4. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I've had good luck with Google. For fake chord use these key words:

Guitar chords, "name of the song" The comma and quote marks help in the search.

As has been said; what you get is some one's interpretation of the song.

Lately I have also Googled; Video, "name of the song" for the song being played.

Get the two in the same key and use them as a play-a-long to practice the song.