1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Looking for fretless 5 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Xoikimo, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Xoikimo

Xoikimo

Jan 15, 2013
    UK
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fretless 5 string around the £600 mark but I can't seem to find one. :( you guys know where I could find one? Or atleast what I should be looking for... Thanks

(I'm wanting to move onto fretless)

2. king rew

king rew

Feb 18, 2009
    Maine
  3. Sponsored by:

4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
  5. SteveC

SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    $800 us...

Maybe a Lakland? The best fretless I've played is Roscoe but you can't find those - even used - for less than $1,500.

6. atracksler

atracksler

Oct 30, 2007
  7. my fretless 5 string USA built ernie ball musicman sub is pretty freaking amazing... only available used (stopped making in mid 2000s), I paid $600 used I think for mine with a gig bag. It's the best fretless bass I've ever owned by far. and I played fretless almost exclusively and professionally through the end of the 80s through the early 90s.

8. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
  9. SteveC

SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Carvin is a well made, inexpensive alternative. I had a Carvin fretless 6 for a while. I didn't care for the electronics (big Bartolini guy here) but I replaced them and it sounded pretty good.

10. cbass92

cbass92

Jul 31, 2013
    I have a Carvin B2 5 String Fretless (Brian Bromberg model), and I absolutely love it. It's a little pricier, but the balance, feel, and tone of the bass were worth it for me.