1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Looking for fretless 5 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Xoikimo, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Xoikimo

Xoikimo

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fretless 5 string around the £600 mark but I can't seem to find one. :( you guys know where I could find one? Or atleast what I should be looking for... Thanks

(I'm wanting to move onto fretless)

2. king rew

king rew

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

4. SteveC

SteveC

$800 us...

Maybe a Lakland? The best fretless I've played is Roscoe but you can't find those - even used - for less than $1,500.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. atracksler

atracksler Supporting Member

7. dkelley

dkelley

my fretless 5 string USA built ernie ball musicman sub is pretty freaking amazing... only available used (stopped making in mid 2000s), I paid $600 used I think for mine with a gig bag. It's the best fretless bass I've ever owned by far. and I played fretless almost exclusively and professionally through the end of the 80s through the early 90s.

8. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

9. SteveC

SteveC

Carvin is a well made, inexpensive alternative. I had a Carvin fretless 6 for a while. I didn't care for the electronics (big Bartolini guy here) but I replaced them and it sounded pretty good.

10. cbass92

cbass92

I have a Carvin B2 5 String Fretless (Brian Bromberg model), and I absolutely love it. It's a little pricier, but the balance, feel, and tone of the bass were worth it for me.