1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for fretless 5 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Xoikimo, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Xoikimo

Xoikimo

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fretless 5 string around the £600 mark but I can't seem to find one. :( you guys know where I could find one? Or atleast what I should be looking for... Thanks

(I'm wanting to move onto fretless)
  2. king rew

king rew

ibanez gwb35
  3. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Carvin LB75F
  4. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

$800 us...

Maybe a Lakland? The best fretless I've played is Roscoe but you can't find those - even used - for less than $1,500.
  5. atracksler

atracksler Supporting Member

6. dkelley

dkelley

my fretless 5 string USA built ernie ball musicman sub is pretty freaking amazing... only available used (stopped making in mid 2000s), I paid $600 used I think for mine with a gig bag. It's the best fretless bass I've ever owned by far. and I played fretless almost exclusively and professionally through the end of the 80s through the early 90s.
  7. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

+1 for Carvin!
  8. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Carvin is a well made, inexpensive alternative. I had a Carvin fretless 6 for a while. I didn't care for the electronics (big Bartolini guy here) but I replaced them and it sounded pretty good.
  9. cbass92

cbass92

I have a Carvin B2 5 String Fretless (Brian Bromberg model), and I absolutely love it. It's a little pricier, but the balance, feel, and tone of the bass were worth it for me.