1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for new Tremolo Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JuanBass0012, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

Do any of you have a boss Tremolo or any other because I want to buy a good one. Which do you recommend ?
  2. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

Had the Boss TR-2 and really liked it. I did the Monte Allums mod and liked the third knob (volume) that it added.

Currently use a Zoom B3 for tremolo sounds.
  3. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

Thanks man ill look into the Boss one
  4. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

If you can wait a month, Source Audio has the Orbital Modulator coming. It is chorus/ tremolo/phaser/flanger all in one. I have it and I am able to get some really nice Justin Chancellor esque flange out of it.
  5. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

Ill definitely check it out. thanks
  6. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

I don't know your budget but for $150 Make Sounds Loudly Pedals can build you a custom one with a TON of options and tap tempo. Since its built to order you can leave out options or add in options. He's building me one right now. Might be worth the time to ask?!
  7. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

That's what I did and it was worth it! (only got rid of mine because I didn;t use enough trem to justify it)
  8. mikkejohansson

mikkejohansson

Strymon Flint. Great pedal, great for bass.
  9. DuckMike

DuckMike

Boss PN-2. They don't make it anymore, but something pops up on ebay from time to time (it's the one the TR-2 replaced in 1995, I think).
    It sounds great with bass and it can be really hard-chopping.
  10. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

It's my view that Fulltone makes the best one with their Supa-Trem model. The dials are actually big enough to turn with your foot, it's incredibly clean sounding and built like a tank. I've traded tremolos out over the years - the Fulltone Supa-Trem is the only one I bought twice!.
  11. caeman

caeman The Root Master Supporting Member

Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo. Inexpensive, hard and soft waves.
  12. circuitspore

circuitspore Supporting Member

I too, wanted the PN-2 hard chopping/panning but didn't want to pay for it, so I got the Behringer knock-off. Honestly, the Behringer isn't any noisier than the two danelectros (Cool Cat and Tuna Melt), Boss TR-2 or Line 6 Tap Tremolo that I've owned/tried.
  13. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Just got an Orbital too and it has a lot a features that I don't think your normal tremelo has. There are smooth and square wave, you can control the rate/speed with the knob or a hot hand or an expression pedal or tap tempo (can't find tap tempo in the manual, but I turned it on last night somehow) and I'm guessing that it will sync to a midi clock when the midi adapter is released.
  14. godblender

godblender Supporting Member

I really, really liked the Empress Trem that I had...in fact it's probably my favorite of any dedicated trem I've played. I sold it to help fund a Mobius which covers my trem needs and a whole lot more.
  15. Jayhawk

Jayhawk

Don't know what your budget is, but there's an Empress in the classifieds right now: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f213/ft-empress-tremolo-949891/
  16. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

If you can find a guyatone flip tremolo used someplace thats the best way to go. I don't know how patient you are. They pop up quite often on ebay. I picked one up for 120$ Its a phenomenal tremolo. The range of speed is insane. It can go so slow you can barely hear it and it can go so faster than any tremolo I have seen. Plus the tone is absolutely amazing. They usually go for 110-160 online
  17. Petros-J

Petros-J

Im more than happy with my EHX stereo Pulsar.
    give it a try!