Looking for new wireless

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lemmiseemo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. lemmiseemo

lemmiseemo

I'm putting a bass rig together & looking for a new wireless system. I've used NADY for years and have never had any issues. After researching & researching different wireless systems, I believe I'm gonna stick with NADY, after all it it works for me & it's in my price range, why not?
    Here are my three picks:

NADY ENCORE DUET GT: Like this one cause of the two transmitters, easy for quick bass switches during a show.
    NADY U-33B UHF Bass Wireless System:
    NADY 401X Quad WGT VHF Wireless Guitar System Set A
    This one's more of any idea for down the road after I add a couple of more basses to my shows for different tunings. Again, quick bass changes during a show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Edit:
    I appreciate all the feed back. Still havin' a hard time deciding. Looking at reviews on the products suggest, they all look good, but not really what I'm looking for, more than I can spend right now (looking at around $200) & I'd like something I can stick in a rack. Just easier to have everything together in one unit.

Everyone seems to be stearing clear of NADY. lol I've always used NADY & never had any issues. Of course they were older models, maybe the newer models aren't as good. I did read reviews on the NADY U-33B UHF Bass Wireless System & they were about 50/50, which I don't like those odds. On paper, I like the NADY ENCORE DUET GT, but I can't find one single review.

If I could find a Sure or a Line6 for around $200 and can buy rack mount accessories, I'd be sold.
  2. Kyle Matthews

Kyle Matthews Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Proudly Endorse: Source Audio, Trailer Trash Pedal Boards & GerogeL Cables
    Go with a Shure PGXD14 system and don't look back. Also dont fall for the lesser line6 nonsense imo.
  3. lemmiseemo

lemmiseemo

Thanks man. Just checked it out. A little out of my price range for right now though. And guess I should've added that I'm looking for something for under $200. Also wanted something I could stick in a rack.

I'm new to TalkBass, but just read a thread a few minutes ago about Line6 & it didn't get too much love for it. So I'm gonna stay clear from Line6.

Appreciate the info. :)
  4. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Shure digitals are great for sure.

Line 6 G50 is cheaper and better. It's smaller, sounds better, easier to use and set up, better battery life and if you have pedals it runs of the same power supply.

The G30 is sonically as good but you loose some channels, "cable tone" and distance. It's housing is polycarbonite (not plastic as some say) where as the G50 is metal

Avoid NADY.

It does matter. Most wirelesses do not go low enough in the audio spectrum to faithfully reproduce Bass. Your "B" and possible "E" are below what the transmitter can transmit. This makes the two low strings sound week.

Digital' s the way to go because you don't have the issues with compressing and expanding that all analog wireless have to do.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. carl h.

carl h.

The line 6 is not nonsense when it comes to wireless.

Give it a hard look. I use it on 5 string and wouldn't waste my money on other stuff.

Seriously
  7. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    The g30 is $150.
  8. bluewine

bluewine Banned

I thought my line 6 was digital?

Blue
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Line6 G50. Buy once, cry once.
  10. lemmiseemo

lemmiseemo

I've read review after review and everything from Sure to Line6 to Nady seems to have issues with one thing or another. But I have to have a wireless. I hate having anything around my feet, which is the main reason I don't use pedals, which I love my GK anyway and don't really need any pedals. fml
  11. packer

packer

I'm also looking to a GOOD wireless system. I'm willing to spend the money, but would like to keep it around the $400 range if possible. I hear a lot of back and forth on the Line 6 products, and think it would do what I need very well. Hate to find out I made a mistake a year from now when it quiets working, or getting a lot of noise coming through my rig. I like the look and simplicity of the line 6 G50, hope that's the right choice?